ART DECO Purses & Clutches

posted on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I have always been particularly obsessed with the segment of my collection that features purses and clutches from the 1920s Art Deco period to the '50s.

One of my favorite aspects of these pieces is their variety of shapes and silhouettes. Each design is original, and add an interesting aspect to current-day accessorizing.

The hardware on these pieces are often made from bakelite, marcasite, and lucite, adding a unique feature of days gone by.

Whenever I wear them, people stop me on the street to ask - where they are from, and where they can find them.

Do you share my obsession for these classic vintage purses? If you happen to know a bit more about their interesting history, we always welcome feedback!

Stay Fabulous,

Carole

0 comments:

Carole Tanenbaum Vintage Collection Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger